About Reasonable Faith Perth
Reasonable Faith is a Christian apologetics ministry established by Dr. William Lane Craig, Research Professor of Philosophy at Talbot School of Theology and Professor of Philosophy at Houston Baptist University. He is a prolific defender of Christianity, having debated many notable atheists and non-Christians on university campuses globally. Dr Craig has authored or edited more than thirty books.
Reasonable Faith aims to provide an intelligent, articulate, and uncompromising yet gracious Christian perspective on the important issues concerning the truth of the Christian faith, such as:
the existence of God
the meaning of life
the objectivity of truth
the foundation of moral values
the creation of the universe
the reliability of the Gospels
the uniqueness of Jesus
the historicity of the resurrection
the challenge of religious pluralism
Reasonable Faith Perth seeks to locally fulfil the three-fold mission of philosopher and theologian Dr. William Lane Craig's Reasonable Faith Ministry:
to provide an articulate, intelligent voice for biblical Christianity in the public arena.
to challenge unbelievers with the truth of biblical Christianity.
to train Christians to state and defend Christian truth claims with greater effectiveness.
We aim to provide churches and ministries in Perth apologetics resources and training through conducting courses, giving talks and holding discussions. Ultimately, the aim of the group is to glorify God and spread the Gospel through apologetics.
Christians are called to always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks us for the hope that we have (1 Peter 3:15). Apologetics, which is making a case for the truth of the Christian faith, is an expression of loving God with our mind. It strengthens the faith of believers and helps bring non-believers closer to accepting the Gospel.
"The value of apologetics extends far beyond one's immediate evangelistic contact. It is the broader task of Christian apologetics to help create and sustain a cultural milieu in which the Gospel can be heard as an intellectually viable option for thinking men and women."
– Dr. William Lane Craig
Statement of Faith
(According to http://www.reasonablefaith.org/chapters)
1. We believe that the one and only God is tri-personal, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit being distinct, divine persons.
2. We believe that Jesus Christ is truly God and truly human, the unique, sure, and sufficient revelation of the very being, character, and purposes of God, beside whom there is no other God, and beside whom there is no other name by which we must be saved.
3. We believe that the only ground for our acceptance by God is what Jesus Christ did on the cross and what He is now doing through his risen life, whereby He exposed and reversed the course of human sin and violence, died for our sins, redeemed us from the power of evil, reconciled us to God, and empowers us with his life "from above." We therefore bring nothing to our salvation. We receive His redemption solely by grace through faith.
4. We believe that new life, given supernaturally through spiritual regeneration, is a necessity as well as a gift and that the lifelong conversion that results is the only pathway to a radically changed character and way of life. Thus, the only sufficient power for a life of Christian faithfulness and moral integrity in this world is that of Christ's resurrection and the power of the Holy Spirit.
5. We believe that Jesus' own teaching and His attitude toward the total truthfulness and supreme authority of the Bible, God's inspired Word, make the Scriptures our final rule for faith and practice.
6. We believe that being disciples of Jesus means serving Him as Lord in every sphere of our lives, secular as well as spiritual, public as well as private, in deeds as well as words, and in every moment of our days on earth, always reaching out as He did to those who are lost, as well as to the poor, the sick, the hungry, the oppressed, the socially despised, and being faithful stewards of creation and our fellow-creatures.
7. We believe that the blessed hope of the personal return of Jesus provides both strength and substance to what the Church is doing, just as what we are doing becomes a sign of the hope of where we are going; both together leading to a consummation of history and the fulfilment of an undying kingdom that comes only by the power of God.
8. We believe that all followers of Christ are called to know and love Christ through worship, love Christ's family through fellowship, grow like Christ through discipleship, serve Christ by ministering to the needs of others in his name, and share Christ with those who do not yet know him, inviting people to the ends of the earth and to the end of time to join us as his disciples and followers of his way.
David Graieg (Chapter Director) [Mobile phone 04 01 95 15 05]
Adjunct lecturer at Sheridan and Alphacrucis. PhD on memories of Jesus' resurrection in First Corinthians.